Minnesota Trappers Association
Trapper Instructor Certification
All the documents for Instructor Certification/Recertification are now being offered on line through this MTA website.
An applicant is required to:
1. Be a MTA member in good standing.2. Read thorough the 12 pages of the Code of Conduct - then print all 12 pages; complete the last page by answering all the questions, then sign and return all 12 pages to me at the following address:
Shawn Johnson6122 McQuade RoadDuluth, Mn 55804
Upon successfully passing a background check for "crimes of violence" and verification of membership status, the applicant will be considered certified to instruct trapper education courses.
After you have been approved, the following information will be needed for you to conduct your student classes:
- MTA Certified Trapper Education Instructors Letter
- MTA Volunteer Instructor Procedures
- MTA Certified Instructor Lesson Plan Outline
- MTA Student Registration and Parental Release Form
Hard copies will be available if requested once instructors have scheduled their first class after certification/recertification.