Minnesota Trappers Association
General Meeting Minutes
General Membership Meeting Minutes
Location: Redwood Falls Fairgrounds in Redwood Falls, MN
Date: August 4, 2019 at 1:00 P.M.
Membership Meeting called to order at 1:11 P.M.
Vice President welcomes everyone for joining us today.
- Vice President
- District 1 Director and Co-Director
- District 2 Director
- District 3 Director and Co-Director
- District 4Co-Director
- District 5 Director and Co-Directors
- District 6 Director
- District 7 Director and Co-Director
- District 8 Director and Co-Director
- Legal Counsel
- NTA Representative
- FTA Representative
- MOHA Representative
- BTC Coordinator
- Tanned Fur Project Coordinator
- Souvenirs Coordinator
Approval of the January 5, 2019 General Membership Meeting Minutes.
- District 7 Director motioned to approve the August 3rd, 2018 General Membership Meeting Minutes as presented. District 3 Director seconded the motion, motion approved.
Vice President gives the Presidential Remarks and thanks everyone for coming.
- Treasurer Report: The Treasurer gave her report on the current financials of the MTA and answered questions by the membership.
- District 5 Director motioned to approve the Financial Statement as presented to the membership. District 6 Director seconded the motion, motion approved.
- Membership Report: The Treasurer presented the membership report to membership. There are 2,200 members of the Minnesota Trappers Association before the start of the convention. This doesn’t include the memberships that were sold and or renewed at the convention.
- Legal Counsel: Legal Counsel brought forward an update on the laws that had been passed and this year was a successful session in our favor.
- MOHA: The MOHA Representative thanked the membership for all the support in contacting your legislative representative. The MTA Website and Facebook will be updated with anything new regarding MOHA and legislation.
- Facebook Page: One of three Facebook editors gave a report on the Facebook with the amount of likes its had since opening and the effect it has had already.
- Secretary Report: The Secretary gave her report on her position, thanked the membership, and that she will be stepping down from this position effective after the convention.
- DNR Report: John ________ gave a brief report on the changes that will be coming up with the new year these included the season changes, breakaways, and answered questions of the membership.
- Scholarship Awards: Brian Fischer announced the winners of this year’s scholarships. There was a total of 13 application that were sent in. He thanked the Scholarship Committee for all their hard work. Committee includes Steve Pahlen, Brad Wobbrock, Shawn Johnson, Wayne Thompson, Gary Nelson, Andy Shoemaker, Brian Fischer, and Brianna Jonas.
- First Place Winner of a $2,000.00 Scholarship is Ian Johnson
- Second Place Winner of $1,000.00 Scholarship is Sophie Arhart
- Third and Fourth Place Winners was a tie both winning $1,000.00 Scholarships
- Bridget Bazile
- Trever Olsen
- Tanned Fur Project: The Tanned Fur Coordinator gave a report on the progress of the Tanned Fur Project. He also announced the winners for the most tanned fur donated both individuals and Districts.
- NTA: The NTA Representative gave a brief report on the current activities going on for the organization.
- FTA: The FTA Representative gave a brief report on the current activities going on within the FTA. He presented a Thank You Letter from the FTA President.
- NAFA: NAFA presented a check to the Vice President for $800.00, he thanked the membership and the MTA for all the years of support.
- Education Raffle: The Vice President gave a brief report on the Education Raffle that will be held during the auction tonight.
- Presidential Award Winners
- Chris Holms
- Andy Goldenman
- Tim Spreck
- Hall of Fame
- Frank Brula
District 3 Director motioned to adjourn the General Membership meeting, District 7 Director seconded the motion, motion approved.
- Ronald McDonald House Pop Cans
Meeting adjourned at 2:34 P.M.