Minnesota Trappers Association
General Meeting Minutes
Membership Draft Meeting minutes from January 5, 2019
President welcomes everyone for joining us today.
o Presidento Vice Presidento Treasurero Secretaryo District 1 Director and Co-Directoro District 2 Directoro District 3 Director and Co-Directoro District 5 Director and Co-Directoro District 7 Director and Co-Directoro District 8 Co-Directoro Membership Coordinatorso Legal Counselo NTA Representativeo FTA Representativeo MOHA Representativeo Beginner Trapper Connection Coordinatoro Souvenirs Coordinatoro Magazine Editoro Webmaster
President Roggenkamp thanks to everyone for joining us today.
Approval of the August 3rd, 2018 General Membership Meeting Minutes.
· Walter Gessler motioned to approve the August 3rd, 2018 General Membership Meeting Minutes as presented. Chris Holms seconded the motion, motion approved.
· Treasurers Report: The Treasurer gave her report on the current financials of the MTA, and answered questions by the membership.
o Scott Goldman motioned to approve the Financial Statement as presented to the membership. John Miring seconded the motion, motion approved.
· Membership Report: One of the Membership Coordinators gave their report on the current number of members within the organization.
· Sustaining Donor Program: The President had presented the programs report on numbers of patches sold for the year of 2018 and the new 2019 patches are available. The money raised from the 2019 patches will be used for marketing and promoting for the MTA. For more information on this program please contact either a district director/Co-Director or one of the coordinators for this program.
· Legal Counsel: Mr. Lestico asked the membership to take the time to contact their Representative helping them know and see the positives in trapping. Mr. Lestico had summarized the current activities, laws, proposed rules within the Legislature Session, and answered questions from the members.
· MOHA: The MOHA Representative gave a report on upcoming events and activities. The Representative had gone off what Mr. Lestico had said about how important and how much of an impact it can make contacting/meeting them.
· DNR: No Report.
· Trapper Youth Education
o Education: The President gave the Education report and informed the membership about new paper work for both recruiting and training new trappers. For more information on this please contact the Education Coordinator. The scholarships have increased since the previous year.
o Beginner Trapper Connection (BTC): The Beginner Trapper Connection Coordinator gave his report on the progress of putting the demos together from the upcoming summer convention.
· Tanned Fur Project: The President presented the Tanned Fur Project Report, and thanked everyone who donated fur, their time processing, and supporting this program. More volunteers are still needed for processing and storing the fur for the project.
· NTA: The NTA Representative gave his report on events and activities within the NTA.
· FTA: The FTA Representative gave his report on events and activities within the FTA.
· Education Raffle: The President presented the Education Raffle Report, and the raffle tickets will not be available at the winter meeting due to the tickets not being mailed in time to the Raffle Chairman.
The results of the following contests were given:
· Fur Handling
· Fur Bearer
o Largest Beaver Tail
o Heaviest Coon
o Longest Muskrat Tail
· District 1 Director had presented President Roggenkamp with a check from the Fur Harvesters for $467.78.
North American Fur Auction (NAFA)
· The NAFA Representatives gave their report on current fur prices and what they predict will be coming for the next period. The NAFA Representative presented a check to President Roggenkamp for $500.00.
· None presented.
· None Presented.
Bruce motioned to adjourn the general membership meeting. Cory Van Driel seconded the motion, motion approved.
Meeting adjourned at 12:32 P.M.