Minnesota Trappers Associaton
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
Location: Redwood Falls American Legion in Redwood Falls, MN
Date: August 1, 2019 at 5:00 P.M.
Board of Directors Meeting called to order at 5:59 P.M.
· President (over the phone)
· Vice President
· District 1 Director and Co-Director
· District 2 Director
· District 3 Director and Co-Directors
· District 4 Co-Director
· District 5 Director and Co-Directors
· District 6 Director
· District 7 Director and Co-Director
· District 8 Director and Co-Directors
· Membership Coordinators
· Legal Counsel
· DNR Representative
· FTA Representative
· NTA Representative
· BTC Coordinator
· Tanned Fur Project Coordinator
· Souvenirs Coordinator
· MTA Webmaster
Approval of the March 2, 2019 Board of Directors Meeting Minutes.
· District 1 Director motioned to approve the board meeting minutes as written. District 3 Director seconded the motion, motion approved.
· Secretary Report: The Secretary gave her report on her position and will be stepping down from her position after the 2019 summer convention.
· Treasurer Report: The Treasurer gave her report on the current financials of the organization and answering questions from the board.
o District 7 Director motioned to approve the financial statements as presented to the board. District 5 Director seconded the motion, motion approved.
· Membership Report: The Membership Coordinator presented his report to the Board of Directors. The MTA has 2,264 members within the organization currently. The new membership paperwork has been updated and printed with the new prices.
· DNR Report: The President and one of the DNR Representatives gave a report on the current activities within the DNR. There was discussion on the 350 breakaways and fur seasons.
· Trapper/Youth Education:
o Beginner Trapper Connection (BTC): The BTC Coordinator gave his report on preparing and getting set up for the summer convention.
o Trapper Education: No report was presented to the board.
o Scholarship Committee: The scholarship committee had sent in all their scores and the results will be announced at the General Membership meeting.
· Legal Counsel: Gary Lestico updated the board on current activities, laws, proposals, and rules within the current Legislative Session.
· Souvenirs: The Souvenir Coordinator gave his report on his position and the current MTA inventory that is in stock.
· Tanned Fur Project: The Tanned Fur Project Coordinator gave his report on his position and the current progress of the program.
· MOHA: The President presented a report on all activities and events within the organization involving the legislation.
· NTA: The NTA Representative gave a report on the upcoming activities and events within the NTA.
o District 1 Director motioned to give the NTA $4,800.00 annually effective now. District 7 Director seconded the motion, motion approved.
· FTA: The FTA Representative presented the FTA report to the board on the all activities and events within the FTA. The FTA Representative explained the Krumweide grant the organization has started.
o District 8 Director motioned to donate $1,000.00 to the Krumweide Youth Grant for the FTA. The donation money will come out of the Education Fund. District 3 Director seconded the motion, motion approved.
· Magazine: No report was presented at this time.
· Webpage: The Webmaster presented her report to the Board. Lots of good feed back has been coming back from membership on the MTA webpage.
· Facebook: District 7 Director gave a brief report on the MTA new Facebook Page. At this time there’s currently 600 people who have liked this page so far in the short amount of time it has been up and running.
· Winter Meeting: The Vice President gave a brief report on the Winter Meeting. The Winter Board of Directors Meeting will be on January 3rd, and the Membership Meeting will be on the January 4th. It will be held in the same location as last year in Brainerd.
· Legal Defense: The Legal Defense Coordinator gave a report on the progress of setting up the Legal Defense Banquet. There was discussion on having every District collect donations to be used at the Banquet.
o District 2 Director motioned to increase the Legal Defense Budget from $5,000.00 to $6,000.00 this money will be used to purchase prizes for the Banquet. District 7 Director seconded the motion, motion approved.
· Budget Guidelines: The Budget Committee will be meeting up, review the budget, and will follow up with the Board of Directors at the next meeting.
· 2020 MTA Summer Convention: District 1 had presented a bid to the Board of Directors for the summer convention to be held in Barnum in the year 2020.
o District 2 Director motioned for the MTA Summer Convention of 2020 to be held on July 30th through August 1st at the Barnum Fairgrounds in Barnum, MN. This convention will be hosted by District 1.
· Update Policies and Procedures on Money Handling: This topic will be further discussed at the Fall Board of Directors Meeting.
· 2020 Raffle Gun Bids: District 5 Director brought to the Board of Directors the bids collected for the 24 guns not to exceed over $8,000.00. The Board agreed to accept the bid that was put in by Shooting Sports of Little Falls for $8,495.00. Certificate of authenticity will be given to the winner upon picking up prize won at the vendors location in Little Falls.
· Education Raffle: The Raffle Chairmen presented his report to the Board of Directors. Currently the Raffle Chairmen has collected 38,000 tickets so far. The Board of Directors discussed making the Raffle Chairmen position to become a paid position.
o District 7 Director motioned to pay the Raffle Chairmen position $3,100.00 a year to be paid on a quarterly basis. District 1 seconded the motion, motion approved.
· The Board of Directors welcomed the New District 4 Co-Director.
· Fall Board of Directors Meeting: The Vice President will contact the Board on a place and time to have the Fall Meeting be held.
· District 1 Director motioned to adjourn the Board of Directors meeting. District 5 Director seconded the motion, motion approved.
Meeting adjourned at 8:05 P.M.