- The 2021 LDF Banquet has been postponed until April 10, 2021. More details here.
- PRESS RELEASE - November 1, 2020 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEThe Minnesota Trappers Association has determined, based on safety concerns for the public and association members, to postpone until next year, the Annual Winter meeting scheduled for January 16, 2021, In Brainerd, Minnesota. The decision was made by the Board of Directors after careful consideration that the requirements for social distancing and COVID-19 required by the Brainerd School District cannot be met. The MTA will continue the important work of educating the public on the need for wildlife management and protecting the heritage of trapping in Minnesota.
Welcome to the
Minnesota Trappers Association
The Minnesota Trappers Association was established in January, 1959 for the sole purpose of "helping to perpetuate the nation's oldest industry - the fur trade". The MTA continues to work hard to preserve the trapping heritage and your right to trap.
NEW! MTA is on Facebook! Check it out by clicking on the link below...
News & Notices:
- LDF Banquet has been Postponed until April 10 due to Covid 19. More Info..
- Remembering Chris Holm and his Legacy, with pictures.
- Article by Don McGaffey with pics - Coming soon!
- Dan Nalezny Story – Donation from Crow River Sportsmen’s Club
- NEW - Andy's Tracks 'n Trails: "Weasels"
- Important! - DNR Special Restrictions on use of Snares
- Trapper Education Field Days - COVID-19 Guidelines
- Tanned Fur Project: Fur Processing Volunteer List
- You can still get the new 2020 t-shirts. Get them soon! ...in the MTA Online Store.
If you have a passion for our sport and understand the importance of guiding future trappers in taking furbearers respectfully in an efficient and ethical manner, please consider joining our team of volunteer educators. Please click on Instructor Certification for additional information.DOG RELEASE KITS: District Directors should have these on hand. Contact the Director in your district to get one. Click here to find the District you live in and district contact information.