- URGENT: Minnesota LEGISLATIVE ACTION ALERT
- A short Spring BOD meeting is scheduled for 11 am on April 10th at the Brainerd American Legion. A director or co-director is encouraged to attend to represent their district.
Welcome to the
Minnesota Trappers Association
The Minnesota Trappers Association was established in January, 1959 for the sole purpose of "helping to perpetuate the nation's oldest industry - the fur trade". The MTA continues to work hard to preserve the trapping heritage and your right to trap.
NEW! MTA is on Facebook! Check it out by clicking on the link below...
News & Notices:
- Seeking someone to assume the MTA Secretary position. Contact Todd for Info.
- LDF Banquet is April 10. More Info.
- Article by Don McGaffey with pics - "Getting the Word Out"
- Dan Nalezny Story – Donation from Crow River Sportsmen’s Club
- NEW - Andy's Tracks 'n Trails: "Otters"
- Important! - DNR Special Restrictions on use of Snares
- Trapper Education Field Days - COVID-19 Guidelines
- Tanned Fur Project: Fur Processing Volunteer List
- You can still get the 2020 t-shirts. Limited sizes left ...in the MTA Online Store.
If you have a passion for our sport and understand the importance of guiding future trappers in taking furbearers respectfully in an efficient and ethical manner, please consider joining our team of volunteer educators. Please click on Instructor Certification for additional information.DOG RELEASE KITS: Available at no cost. Click here to order.