- The Department of Natural Resources wants you to be aware that, due to COVID-19 concerns, additional safety protocols are in place for furbearer registration events on Tuesday, Dec. 29, 2020, and Tuesday, Jan. 26, 2021. Click here for detailed information.
- Seeking a person to perform duties as Secretary for the Minnesota Trappers Association. Contact the MTA President for more information or to apply.
Welcome to the
Minnesota Trappers Association
The Minnesota Trappers Association was established in January, 1959 for the sole purpose of "helping to perpetuate the nation's oldest industry - the fur trade". The MTA continues to work hard to preserve the trapping heritage and your right to trap.
NEW! MTA is on Facebook! Check it out by clicking on the link below...
News & Notices:
- Seeking someone to assume the MTA Secretary position. Contact Todd for Info.
- LDF Banquet has been Postponed until April 10 due to Covid 19. More Info.
- Article by Don McGaffey with pics - "Getting the Word Out"
- Dan Nalezny Story – Donation from Crow River Sportsmen’s Club
- NEW - Andy's Tracks 'n Trails: "Weasels"
- Important! - DNR Special Restrictions on use of Snares
- Trapper Education Field Days - COVID-19 Guidelines
- Tanned Fur Project: Fur Processing Volunteer List
- You can still get the new 2020 t-shirts. Get them soon! ...in the MTA Online Store.
If you have a passion for our sport and understand the importance of guiding future trappers in taking furbearers respectfully in an efficient and ethical manner, please consider joining our team of volunteer educators. Please click on Instructor Certification for additional information.DOG RELEASE KITS: District Directors have these on hand. Contact the Director in your district to get one. Click here to find the District you live in and the District Director contact information.